Safety and Health Specialist for Maryneal, TX (near Abilene, TX)
The Safety and Health Specialist will plan, develop, review, and oversee the safety & health program at the cement processing facility.
This position is also responsible to complete safety & health assessments and makes recommendations to eliminate workplace hazards, improve performance and eliminate preventable accidents.
BS Safety and Health degree or related field
1 - 2 years in mining environment
Knowledge of safety and health codes and regulations required, particularly MSHA (Mine Safety and Health Administration)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build consensus, particularly in analyzing and solving problems related to employee safety and health
- Proficiency with MS Office skills including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
- Ability to train individuals or groups in all areas of safety and health
- Ability to identify potential hazards and safety violations, and proactively deal with them to prevent bodily injury or citations
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Strong time management, decision making, presentation and organizational skills
- Passionate perspective on workplace safety
Cement Recruiter operated by Harpe & Associates, Inc., is a high performing Recruiter with over thirty years recruiting experience for the heavy industrial manufacturing sectors of cement, lime, aggregates, minerals, metals and commercial construction. How can I help you today?
Connect on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/1t50dmM Want to Register for other positions:https://harpe.catsone.com/careers/