Coordinates engineering activities related to the implementation of new processes and the revision of existing processes, including the assignment and supervision of contractors. Provides electrical engineering assistance as needed throughout the plant. Uses independent judgment in performing daily activities. Works in conjunction with mechanical plant engineer. Works under general supervision using specified standard practices and procedures. Refers to supervisor for guidance on unusual problems. Acts as backup supervisor to the electrical supervisor.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Assumes responsibility for the maintenance of survey equipment, computer automation hardware and software, and other plant equipment utilized by the electrical Plant Engineer.
- Heavily involved in PLC additions and requirements.
- Conducts and/or participates in plant meetings regarding operations activities, safety, environmental issues, and special projects.
- Plans, surveys, designs and writes electrical specifications and obtains electrical contractors for the implementation of new projects as well as the revision of existing ones. Supervises and inspects the work performed by contractors.
- Provides engineering assistance as needed for various quarry operations and plant construction projects.
- Assists as specified by plant management in maintaining compliance with local, state and federal regulations pertaining to safety, environmental issues, etc. Provides associated training as needed.
- Performs field measurements, inventory calculations and related activities in conjunction with materials inventories.
- Prepares and submits reports on various engineering activities as requested by plant management.
- Maintains updated plant equipment data files, site maps, various drawings, engineering reference material and/or records of the plant's locations of underground utilities.
- Inspects electrical equipment received at the plant.
- Conducts electrical safety training and inspections as needed.
- Attends RCRA training for waste-derived fuel activities (cement plants only).
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision making skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Extensive knowledge of engineering theories, principles and techniques, especially those regarding electrical engineering.
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal regulations pertaining to environmental and safety issues. Working knowledge of contract management practices and cement and/or lime manufacturing processes is a plus.
- Ability to use and troubleshoot engineering equipment such as measuring devices, calculators, computers and PLC’s.
- 2 years of experience in a professional engineering environment. (Preferred)
- Experience in a heavy industry with specific office and field experience in engineering design (to include programmable logic control equipment usage) and construction (Preferred)
- Experience in project management and familiarity with contractors and sales people
: Bachelor's Degree in engineering, preferably electrical engineering.
Cement Recruiter operated by Harpe & Associates, Inc., are high performing Recruiters with over ninety years experience in all facets of talent acquisition, recruiting and succession planning for heavy industrial manufacturing sectors of cement, lime, aggregates, minerals, metals, large project construction, pulp/paper, automation, control systems engineering, and equipment fabrication. How can we help you today?
Connect on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/1t50dmM Want to Register for other positions:https://harpe.catsone.com/careers/