Organize, implement, and support all Capex and Plant level projects assigned.
Assist and support primary Project Managers in the successful implementation of any electrical portions of both CAPEX and/or plant level projects assigned.
Coordinate project electrical scope activities with any project automation activities as may be separately managed by others.
Generate conceptual electrical designs for present or future projects.
Create project electrical scopes of work, divisions of responsibilities and specifications, which define overall electrical guidelines and requirements for engineering, equipment supply, installation, and testing.
Generate budgets for electrical projects assigned.
Assist in the creation and generation of contracts as may be required for outside electrical engineering, electrical construction, and testing services.
Oversee and direct all in-house and out-sourced engineering design services.
Generate and perform the specification and purchase of Electrical power distribution and control type equipment.
Initiate and take responsibility for the development of final Electrical Design and Installation based document packages.
Assist in the project reviews and oversight with a focus on quality, budget, schedule, and cost control forecasting.
Generate monthly project reports for upper management review.
Update monthly job accounting reports for projects assigned.
Travel to plant sites to attend project meetings, and to offer project oversight and technical support as required for project scopes of work and constructibility requirements.
Support project commissioning and startup activities.
Assist all plant level electrical personnel in electrical equipment and operations issues as can be helpful and beneficial.
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering required
At least ten (10) years of electrical experience in heavy industrial projects, with a preference of such being in the cement or mineral Industries
- A demonstrated performance in managing major and /or complex electrically based projects
- A strong working history in the technical areas of industrial electrical systems and installations
- Knowledge of large industrial motors and associated motor control is preferred
- A proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Products is required (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Schedule)
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD is preferred
- A working knowledge of SKM Power system Study software and associated design methods is preferred
- The candidate is to have good inter-personal communication, verbal and written skills (English Language)
- Knowledgeable in engineering design, construction oversight and construction execution are required
- Working knowledge of the NFPA National Electrical Code and other Industry accepted Electrical Standards (IEEE, IAS, NEMA, UL, etc.) is required
- MSHA Safety certification is preferred but not required. Training will be provided if necessary.
- A knowledge of cement plant operations and equipment types utilized in such is preferred
- Candidate is to be motivated, well organized, and detail oriented
- Candidate must be willing and able to work independently to develop, coordinate, and perform project activities with the help and interaction of other corporate engineers and managers, site and plant representatives, engineering firms, testing firms, contractors, and equipment suppliers
Cement Recruiter operated by Harpe & Associates, Inc., is a high performing Recruiter with over thirty years recruiting experience for the heavy industrial manufacturing sectors of cement, lime, aggregates, minerals, metals and commercial construction. How can I help you today?
Connect on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/1t50dmM Want to Register for other positions:https://harpe.catsone.com/careers/