No relocation offered for this role
Position: Heavy Equipment Operator - Quarry
Reports to: Quarry Manager
Shift: 12-hour rotating swing shift 7:00 a.m. -7:00 p.m. ET and 7:00 p.m.- 7:00 a.m. ET
We offer a complete benefits package to include:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance Vision Insurance
- 401k with company match and profit sharing
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Paid Sick Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Disability Pay
- Life Insurance
- Growth Opportunities and more!
Operates heavy equipment, such as dozers and loaders, to move materials.
To succeed in this position, you will need:
- Safely drives and maneuvers the vehicle into position for loading and dumping materials.
- Assists in stockpiling materials at plant and Raw Material Storage (RMS) building and hauls other material as required.
- Inspects vehicle’s mechanisms and monitors and maintains fluid levels.
- Assists mechanic with minor service and repair to equipment.
- Safely, responsibly and proficiently operates and loads equipment for the movement of raw material to and around the plant for production observing all safety rules.
- Expected to operate equipment with a high degree of competency, skill and proficiency.
- Greases, oils, and performs minor repairs on equipment.
- Conducts daily equipment inspections. Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Removes build up from under or around quarry crushers, beltlines, and reclaimers.
- Organizes and plans maintenance each day. Prepares for scheduled maintenance.
- Follows all plant safety policies and procedures.
- Follows established traffic patterns avoiding road hazards and other hazardous conditions.
- Listens for unusual sounds from machines or equipment to detect malfunction and discuss machine operation variations with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problems or repair machines.
- Maintains good housekeeping practices on equipment.
- Dismantles defective machines and equipment and installs new or repaired parts.
High School diploma or equivalent preferred
Ability to read and understand warning labels, instructions, signs, and similar information.
Minimum 2-3 years experience operating heavy equipment such as load and/or haul truck, or related experience preferred.
What to expect in a cement environment:
Work to be performed in a shop environment as well as outdoor exposure throughout the plant. Mild exposure to cement dust, heat, cold, and noise requires compliance with specified safety guidelines and procedures. Exposure to high elevations of up to 250 feet in height. Exposure to all weather conditions. Normal operation of mobile equipment may result in jarring and vibratory exposure.
- Valid Drivers’ License and the ability to safely operate large vehicles.
- Work overtime, odd and unscheduled hours as required and share on-call duties
- Ability to perform tasks that include walking, driving, climbing equipment, working within confined spaces and occasionally lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Cement Manufacturing -- Knowledge of raw materials, methods, and the tools involved in the mining, production, shipping and packaging of cement.
- Mechanical -- Knowledge of equipment used, machines and tools, including their uses, repair of, and maintenance.
- Engineering and Technology -- Knowledge of the practical application of the technology used and manufacturing of cement. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of cement.
- Environmental – Knowledge of proper allocation of waste material.
Cement Recruiter operated by Harpe & Associates, Inc., is a high performing Recruiter with over thirty years recruiting experience for the heavy industrial manufacturing sectors of cement, lime, aggregates, minerals, metals and commercial construction. How can I help you today?
Connect on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/1t50dmM Want to Register for other positions:https://harpe.catsone.com/careers/