Under the direction of the Plant Manager or Assistant Plant Manager, the Maintenance Manager oversees mechanical, electrical maintenance activities associated with preventative maintenance and repairs to all cement plant equipment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Champion for safety programs and sound environmental stewardship.
- Champion the principles of continuous improvement and lean management.
- Responsible for the administration of the Corporate Safety Policy, code of conduct, disciplinary policy, hiring, promotion, merit increases.
- Direct reports include: Maintenance planner, Administrative planner, Electrical supervisor, Maintenance supervisor, Storeroom supervisor, and through these manage the Electrical / Mechanical Maintenance Teams and machine shop activities and personnel.
- Overall responsibility for planning, staffing and coordinating of repairs of equipment in all areas of the plant and maintenance of stock parts, identification of critical spares.
- Responsible for providing records of maintenance, development of routine inspections, required to comply with our Environmental responsibilities
- Develop and implement long-term, medium-term and day to day maintenance plans, pursue 80% planned versus 20% reactive maintenance effort.
- Develop, implement and manage the lubrication program, vibration analysis, reliability team effort, root cause analysis.
- Develop, implement and control the Maintenance R & M Budget, provide input to the CER budget.
- Develop and train of all Maintenance personnel.
- Manage personnel within the assigned departments to meet all job requirements and company/plant standards.
- Responsible for performance appraisals, salary administration, disciplinary actions and other employee relation activities.
- As required, maintain positive relationships with the community and business leaders, regulatory personnel and local citizens on behalf of the company
- Other duties as assigned by the management.
- Minimum Education and Experience
- BS ME, EE , CE, ChE engineering degree/experience preferred.
- Project experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing maintenance operations is required.
- Candidates should have been responsible for multiple maintenance functional areas (mechanical, electrical, etc.) as well as planning, budgeting and execution of a maintenance effort in a large 24-7 operation where large means a preheater precalciner cement plant with VRM and more than 5000 IO points.
- Minimum of ten (10) years technical and managerial experience in cement production or other heavy industrial manufacturing operations with demonstrated increases in responsibility. Multi plant experience & MSHA experience are a must.
- Demonstrated knowledge of permitting, process understanding, power and control systems.
- Must be knowledgeable in areas of mechanics, computers, basic operating systems software (Microsoft Server, Windows XP & Windows 7, and MS office, Oracle, Kronos and Viziya), process analyzers and electrical controls
- Knowledgeable in preventative and predictive maintenance practices and systems with demonstrated results.
- Must be knowledgeable in areas of cement plant maintenance and maintenance systems, both mechanical and electrical systems
- Exercise independent decision making and prioritize conflicting demands and then exercise sound judgments in problem solving. Safety first.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate positive working relationships with all levels of management and staff, other plant work teams and customers. A champion of continuous improvement / LEAN concepts and safety programs
- Ability to lead, direct, motivate and coach activities of others. Experience hiring, promoting, disciplining, mentoring,
- Utilize Critical Path Method [CPM] in the execution of Outages
- Strong written/verbal communication skills, as well as the development of formal presentations
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in the English language, bi-lingual in Spanish preferred
- Ability to read and understand blueprints and engineering drawings
- Excellent work ethic – high standard of performance and production
- Ability to work other than day shift and be subject to call outs after hours
- Must understand and abide by MSHA, TCEQ, EPA and other governmental laws
- Ability to use proper Personal Protective Equipment as required
- A champion for safety - Must go beyond a simple understanding of and compliance with safety requirements
Cement Recruiter operated by Harpe & Associates, Inc., is a high performing Recruiter with over thirty years recruiting experience for the heavy industrial manufacturing sectors of cement, lime, aggregates, minerals, metals and commercial construction. How can I help you today?
Connect on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/1t50dmM Want to Register for other positions:https://harpe.catsone.com/careers/