The Role and the Company
Organization is North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready-mix concrete, and asphalt. We have hundreds of plants and thousands of employees working across the United States and Canada.
The Mechanical Maintenance Manager role is based in Mason City, IA, and reports directly to the Plant Manager.
What you’ll get to do
- Manage routine and non-routine mechanical equipment inspections and repairs on all major plant systems and mobile equipment.
- Determine the strategy and execution of preventative maintenance and continuous improvement programs.
- Manage the allocation of mechanical maintenance resources and budget for efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Collaborate with the Electrical Maintenance Manager to provide oversight and leadership to the maintenance function by:
- Developing a long-term strategy for the Maintenance Department.
- Reviewing and approving bid documents and technical specifications.
- Coordinating plant projects and shutdowns.
- Identifying and implementing development opportunities for maintenance staff.
- Providing technical expertise to assist the production, process, and maintenance departments.
- Liaison with corporate engineering group regarding maintenance activities.
- Provide ongoing maintenance support to the plant for all shifts by managing the plant’s maintenance on-call program. This includes evaluating and determining the course of action for maintenance incidents after hours and on weekends and may require on-site supervision of the resolution to maintain operational efficiency.
Essential Experience and Skills
- Ensure compliance requirements are met through organizational and procedural measures including implementation of corporate guidelines, assessment of capabilities, training, and compliance.
- Proactively managing the health & safety of employees and deliver best in class safety performance.
- Strong understanding of preventive/predictive/corrective maintenance principles, techniques, and technologies.
- Prior experience managing staff in a mechanical maintenance function.
- Maintenance experience in heavy manufacturing.
- Demonstrated experience in project management.
- Strong management and leadership skills to ensure coordination of work and completion of projects and tasks.
Preferred Experience and Skills
- CAD software.
- Experience evaluating and presenting Return on Investment analysis and proposals.
- Experience in a union environment.
- Strong Safety orientation and habits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Strong MS Project and Excel skills.
- SAP experience.
- Cement manufacturing experience.
Role operates in a manufacturing environment with moving mechanical equipment, inclement weather, heat, humidity, elevated noise levels, and dusty conditions.
What we have to offer
- Competitive base salary and participation in our annual incentive plan.
- Highly competitive benefits programs.
- Pension / 401k retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions.
Cement Recruiter operated by Harpe & Associates, Inc., is a high performing Recruiter with over thirty years recruiting experience for the heavy industrial manufacturing sectors of cement, lime, aggregates, minerals, metals and commercial construction. How can I help you today?
Connect on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/1t50dmM Want to Register for other positions:https://harpe.catsone.com/careers/