The Senior Electrical Engineer will report directly to the Site General Manager located in Cupertino, CA.
Key Targets of the Role
• Implement the Company’s Vision, Mission, and Values into the day-to-day activities
• Project study: cooperate with the preparations of pre-feasibility studies and proposal of various technical solutions with their related investment and operational costs (IRR, NPV, EVA) for projects that are not HTC earmarked but identified in the capital plan
• Organize and implement investment projects: Design and implement electrical engineering projects; responsibility in terms of quality, cost and time specific to plant needs
• Coordinate and supervise contractors for electrical projects
• Provide technical assistance for electricians for the installation of electrical equipment and troubleshooting of electrical problems.
• Support and consult plant management in the field of electric and automation engineering for optimization of a plant operation, responsibility for keeping records, updated technical documentation and drawings created by CAD systems
• Responsible for overall Department safety performance, and personnel management
• Troubleshooting and diagnosis of plant system problems
• Assist in the development of pre-feasibility and feasibility studies and take part in the creation of “Authorization for Expenditure” for selected projects
• Support, direct and implement the overall HTC Electrical, Instrument and Process Control Concepts for all plant projects
What You’ll Get to Do
• Review design of electrical / automation installations and be responsible for maintenance
• Involvement with process electrical and instrumentation specifying and selecting electrical and control equipment
• Elaborate or review the bid documents and the technical specifications
• Coordinate plant projects and shutdowns with overall large capital projects directed by HTC personnel
• Coordinate and control all process control system upgrade and changes
• Ability to thoroughly understand all system analytical studies including short circuit, coordination, load flow, motor starting and arc flash.
• Good familiarity with the operation and maintenance of common electrical equipment such as power distribution system, breakers, high voltage system, air condition and pressurization systems, variable speed medium voltage drives/motors, transformers, switchgear, MCC equipment and power monitoring and communication systems.
• Participate in equipment and system analysis to identify areas for cost reductions
• Participate in training and development of operations and maintenance personnel
• Perform process control system and electrical power distribution system design packages
• Identify appropriate technologies for various types of electrical applications
• Specification of AC/DC drive systems with assistance from HTC personnel
• Involvement with process instrumentation and automation equipment specifying and selecting control equipment
• Develop and perform P&ID and instrumentation loop diagrams using ISA symbols
• Design of systems requiring control, instrumentation, PLC/DCS, HMI and network communications
• Working knowledge of database management for large control systems, communication networking systems, control software programming, alarm system management and graphic development
Essential Experience and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or technology is required
• Minimum 5 years professional experience in the field of electrical engineering and project management
• Minimum 2 years of experience in providing support for heavy manufacturing, cement manufacturing preferred
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office products including MS Excel, Word, Access, and Project
• Fluent with NEC, NFPA, ISA, etc.
• Experience in conducting studies including EVA, IRR, NPV
• Understanding of contractual matters (negotiation and legal aspects)
• Good investment market pricing knowledge and cost awareness
• Demonstrated experience in leadership and project management, problem solving and creativity, strategic thinking, and decision taking
• Good knowledge of CAD software (design of system installations)
• Familiar with PLC/DCS and HMI architecture. Knowledge of Allen Bradley and Siemens control systems.
• Ability to function effectively, lead and interact in a Total Quality Style
Cement Recruiter operated by Harpe & Associates, Inc., is a high performing Recruiter with over thirty years recruiting experience for the heavy industrial manufacturing sectors of cement, lime, aggregates, minerals, metals and commercial construction. How can I help you today?
Connect on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/1t50dmM Want to Register for other positions:https://harpe.catsone.com/careers/