The Plant Manager role is based in Brookshire, TX and reports directly to the Sr. Area Operations Manager.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong leadership characteristics, planning, and scheduling skills necessary to successfully manage ~2.5M t/y operation.
What you’ll get to do
Manage and lead all activities at the Sand & Gravel operations.
- Manages up to 3-7 direct reports and a team of 30+ employees.
- Manages all related production/shipping and safety processes.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts to ensure the location operates at optimal effectiveness and efficiency.
- Build and maintain a culture focused upon safety and health, as well as compliance with company and regulatory safety, health, and environmental standards.
- Collaborate with other plants and leaders as a member of the market unit’s leadership team.
- Develop and manage the annual operating, participate in the capital planning process, and have with P&L accountability.
- Collaborate with the area Sales and Quality Control teams, delivering high quality, minimizing waste, and balancing customer needs with production capabilities & inventory levels.
- Manage an effective maintenance program to ensure that assets are maintain, critical spare parts are accessible, and inventory costs are controlled.
- Represent the company in the local community
Essential Experience and Skills
5 or more years of production experience in Aggregates.
- Strong working knowledge of all aspects of aggregate production - equipment, processes, inventory management, quality standards, metrics
- Extensive understanding of safety and environmental regulations
- Supervisory experience and very well-developed leadership skills
- Department and/or plant management experience – accountability for people, processes, productivity, quality, waste, costs, assets, and compliance
- MS Office literacy and analytical skills
Preferred Experience and Skills
- Sand & Gravel
- P&L accountability
- Capital planning
- Project Management
Cement Recruiter operated by Harpe & Associates, Inc., is a high performing Recruiter with over thirty years recruiting experience for the heavy industrial manufacturing sectors of cement, lime, aggregates, minerals, metals and commercial construction. How can I help you today?
Connect on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/1t50dmM Want to Register for other positions:https://harpe.catsone.com/careers/