What you will do:
The primary objective is to provide technical leadership to supervise the Technology and mechanical process team at all stages of the cement manufacturing plants in the US Division, mainly through the CTO Maintenance and Reliability engineers.
Maintain and improve kiln run time and efficiency for the kiln lines (kilns, clinker coolers, coal mills), and cement mills system through continuous improvement (CI) best practices, which include equipment inspections, audits, monitoring specific operations parameters.
Recommending changes on equipment, mechanical maintenance inspections and/or standard operating procedures using High-Performance methodology, within the environmental boundaries we have and in compliance. Direct participation in upgrade/update projects for equipment selection and commissioning.
Experience and abilities you will need:
Bachelor’s degree in Electromechanical Engineering or related field.
A minimum of 10 years of cement industry experience.
- Solid understanding of thermodynamics, mechanical engineering, physics, maintenance practices and mathematics.
- 2 years implementing continuous Improvement and 5’S methodology.
- 2 years implementing the high-performance methodology.
- 2 years SAP experience
- 2 years of finance and accounting knowledge.
- 2 years in Cement Production and Cost Structure.
- Knowledge of maintenance, production, and process facilities.
- Mechanical knowledge: Operation, troubleshooting, and corrective action for dust collectors, bearings, belt conveyors, bucket elevators, slurry/FK pumps, air slide, screw conveyors, drag chains and air compressors. Basics of lubrication, hydraulics and pneumatics, vibration analysis, fabrication, and rigging.
- Process knowledge: (includes kiln, mills, coolers) Startup and shutdown procedures, both normal and emergency; operating parameters; failure modes and interlocks; troubleshooting in the field; system inspections; system components; and material and gas flow.
- Understanding of complex mechanical and electrical technology and equipment.
- Managerial skills, ability to coordinate teams and understanding of members´ roles and responsibilities.
Cement Recruiter operated by Harpe & Associates, Inc., is a high performing Recruiter with over thirty years recruiting experience for the heavy industrial manufacturing sectors of cement, lime, aggregates, minerals, metals and commercial construction. How can I help you today?
Connect on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/1t50dmM Want to Register for other positions:https://harpe.catsone.com/careers/