Coordinates production and yard activities with quarry, maintenance, process and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, materials and equipment.
- Develops and implements operating methods to resolve plant process problems or improve plant processes.
- In conjunction with Production Manager, develops a plan for refractory replacement in the kiln systems as well as utilization of internal plant personnel and contractors to effect that installation.
- In coordination with other plant management, organizes the annual maintenance / inventory shutdown and service department requirements relative to that shutdown.
- Reviews and analyzes production and operational reports and trending, to determine causes of nonconformity with product specifications, and operating and production problems. Revises production schedules and priorities as result of equipment failure or operating problems. Generates daily and monthly production reports for equipment utilization and history.
- Oversees plant operations, directs production supervisors and Control Room Operators and ensures that plant operations, quality control and all production meet or exceed the requirements set forth by the Production Manager.
- Assists Production Manager in formulating short range, as well as long range plans.
- Conducts early morning debrief of Shift Supervisor, and discuss significant events of shift.
- Determines when process parameters need to be altered to increase reliability, throughput or decrease / increase labor.
- Assists in identifying, reporting and resolving process related issues with plant production and maintenance personnel.
- Interface with Automation Engineer to provide upgrades in loop controls and optimization of all automation in the Control Room.
- Updates daily Production Daily Reports and controls plant inventories of raw materials, fuels, clinker and cement.
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- B.S. Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related technical field is a plush
- At least five (5) years of experience in a production type role, with a minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience
- Experience in cement process and control room operations
- Candidate should have a strong technical background with excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to conveying accurate and appropriate information
- Strong interpersonal skills, a self-starter and detail oriented
- Good organization, human relations and decision making abilities
- Strong computer skills with a solid knowledge of Microsoft Office
Cement Recruiter operated by Harpe & Associates, Inc., is a high performing Recruiter with over thirty years recruiting experience for the heavy industrial manufacturing sectors of cement, lime, aggregates, minerals, metals and commercial construction. How can I help you today?
Connect on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/1t50dmM Want to Register for other positions:https://harpe.catsone.com/careers/