The Quality Control Manager is responsible for assuring quality from the production process through delivery of the product.
- Implements, upgrades and plans the steps in quality assurance.
- Develops the testing procedures and protocols used in quality assurance programs.
- Review plans and specifications with sales team to determine the best products for the project.
- Designs and provides and/or review and approve project submittal packages for customers.
- Utilize daily KPIs to drive excellence in operations, sales, technical services and customer service.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of experience/education (preferably in Engineering, construction engineer or mining engineer).
- Analyzes accuracy of plant batching and provides recommendations for improvement. Performs plant audits of to ensure that plants comply with technical policy.
- Oversee the submittal and qualification process and address any specific project requirements.
- Investigates customer complaints thoroughly and handles responses appropriately.
- Available to assist at the jobsite at any time. Visits job sites to respond to quality control issues and to ensure that Technical Services and Quality Control Standard Operating Procedures are being followed.
- Look for root causes of all problems and utilizes problems as a means of educating field team members about the principles of quality production.
- Provide ongoing education of new products and developments to internal and external customers.
- Be a leader in usage of Operator verification program to improve production and to elimate qualitly complaints.
- Participate in management team meetings and oversee a team of quality control technicians and engineers.
- Contributes to the maintenance of operational policies and procedures including hiring and termination, promotion and determining pay. Responsible for scheduling and performance evaluation.
- Works with the Operations Manager and Plant Managers to ensure optimal production from plants.
- Strive to build deep, lasting relationships with every level of customer organization on projects requiring advanced technical support.
Ability to read project plans and specifications.
- 3-5 years of related experience in aggregate, asphalt and concrete industry (preferred) or relevant quality control management.
- Previous supervisory/management experience preferred.
- Current Professional engineer license or ability to or ability to obtain within a year
- Ability to Maintain and uphold continuing education
- Understanding of industry standards and specifications as well as knowledge of ready mix, asphalt, aggregate, manufacturing design, process and equipment.
- Valid Driver's License with acceptable driving record.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Frequent regional travel with occasional overnight
Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedural manuals, Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of supervisors, customers and the general public.
Ability to communicate technical concepts and thoughts to internal and external customers.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Demonstrated proficiency with personal computer and software packages.
Demonstrated ability to plan and organize and to work independently.
Strong Work Ethic: Uses time efficiently and ensures job duties, issues, and concerns are handled in a timely, appropriate manner.
Integrity: Acts with unyielding integrity and honesty in business transactions, promoting company policies, and holding self-accountable.
Team Player: Establishes trust with team members, clearly stating expectations and accountabilities of self and others; recognizes the importance of high group morale and acts to protect or build as necessary; collaborates with others to address issues as necessary.
Lead the QC team by planning, organizing and communicating effectively with the team.
Ability to work under pressure and availability to work at any given time on any given day.
Exhibits good interpersonal and customer service skills.
Cement Recruiter operated by Harpe & Associates, Inc., is a high performing Recruiter with over thirty years recruiting experience for the heavy industrial manufacturing sectors of cement, lime, aggregates, minerals, metals and commercial construction. How can I help you today?
Connect on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/1t50dmM Want to Register for other positions:https://harpe.catsone.com/careers/