Oversees electrical activities for Plant projects including design, construction, maintenance, specifications and purchase of electrical or electronic equipment. Performs trouble-shooting at plant site. Conducts investigations and recommends or designs improvements for energy conservation programs and cost reductions. Monitors state of the art technology and provides pertinent training to operators. Supervises electrical team.
- Designs or redesigns power distributions systems.
- Designs or redesigns control systems, evaluating the benefits of automation.
- Obtain all necessary permits as they relate to construction and/or environmental issues; Assure compliance with provisions of various Federal, State and County environmental permits; maintain environmental permits and attend hearings, as necessary.
- Prepare, assemble and evaluate bid packages for electrical projects.
- Establishes specifications for the purchase of electric equipment and installation/construction of same.
- Prepares cost estimates and economic justification of capital electrical projects.
- Develop an energy usage monitor program and evaluate methods to conserve energy.
- Provide necessary training for the on-site operators.
- Assists in analyzing and troubleshooting electrical problems at project sites.
- Maintains a positive relationship with energy suppliers and gives input and advice on power contractual agreements at the various project sites.
- Confers and exchanges information with vendor representatives, engineers and consultants relative to electrical projects.
- Maintains an adequate record of all project electrical system drawings and directs the work to keep drawings current.
- Oversees electrical work done by outside contractors and makes the recommendation for the selection of the contractor.
- Keeps abreast of developments in the electrical and electronic field by reviewing technical literature and attending appropriate engineering conferences and seminars.
- Ensures outside contractors comply with verifications tests and investigates contractor’s reports of technical problems. Takes appropriate action to resolve problems to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent engineering degree with 2 to 4 years related experience
- Knowledge of database software, internet software, project management software, spreadsheet software and word processing software
- Knowledge of maintenance systems.
- Knowledge of statistical and problem solving tools.
- Participative leadership profile according to a high performance work environment.
Cement Recruiter operated by Harpe & Associates, Inc., is a high performing Recruiter with over thirty years recruiting experience for the heavy industrial manufacturing sectors of cement, lime, aggregates, minerals, metals and commercial construction. How can I help you today?
Connect on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/1t50dmM Want to Register for other positions:https://harpe.catsone.com/careers/