Cement Manufacturing Plant Maintenance Engineer
Responsible for supervising mechanical repair and maintenance activities of crew in the plant.
· Plans and schedules the work of employees performing mechanical maintenance and repairs to plant production machinery on all shifts.
· Directs the details of work performed, safety procedures, etc., on the day shift.
· Provides immediate repair service where required to minimize equipment down-time and further damage.
· Conducts preventive maintenance inspections of plant equipment and directs preventive maintenance procedures.
· Establishes and maintains standardized lubrication schedules and procedures.
· Receives and reviews Engineering Department blueprints covering plant projects and confers with plant engineers.
· Provides assistance to other department supervisors, engineers, etc., in assessing amounts of damage to production machinery and in repair procedures.
· Places requisitions for materials and parts from storeroom and vendors.
· Keeps tools in good condition and recommends replacement or upgrade of them as the need exists.
· Supervises rigging and crane operations.
· Advises perspective employees of job duties and responsibilities during bidding procedures; observe and evaluate performance; arrange for vacations and other time off; review daily time cards for employee attendance, check for work order and equipment numbers and approve hours worked, including overtime; and inform employees of policies and practices.
· Will maintain and enforce a safe working environment, adhere to safety policies and practices, supervise daily housekeeping of assigned area, adhere to plant policies and proper use of plant radios.
· Be familiar with MSHA safety rules, safety procedures for plant mobile equipment, lockout/tagout policy, confined space permit policy, hot work policy, emergency response plan, arc flash/shock and burn protection, proper containment and disposal process (via Waste Management Plan) for lubricants, paints/solvents and other environmentally sensitive materials.
· Ensure quality of work performed, support, promote and utilize continuous improvement system, observe and promote best practices, good time management and be able to troubleshoot/analyze root cause failure.
Qualifications (knowledge, skills, abilities, education and work experience):
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 to 7 years maintenance experience in a cement plant environment or heavy industry.
- 2 to 3 years supervisory experience
- Knowledge and ability to utilize computer software in monitoring and tracking data.
Cement Recruiter operated by Harpe & Associates, Inc., are high performing Recruiters with over ninety years experience in all facets of talent acquisition, recruiting and succession planning for heavy industrial manufacturing sectors of cement, lime, aggregates, minerals, metals, large project construction, pulp/paper, automation, control systems engineering, and equipment fabrication. How can we help you today?
Connect on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/1t50dmM Want to Register for other positions:https://harpe.catsone.com/careers/