Direct the activities and actively participate in the operation and logistics of the distribution department in order to meet the market requirements for both bulk cement and package shipments.
- Responsible to ensure that tasks are performed in a safe, productive, and timely manner, while continuing to improve company and employee relationships within the context of the company policies.
- Manage bulk loading, bagging, billing, and logistics needs daily and provide guidance to the appropriate Lead person as needed.
- Schedule maintenance for all operating equipment.
- Maintain daily contact with logistics and sales coordinators regarding problems which cause loading delays, punctuality of deliveries (tracked using SAP), hauler interactions, etc.
- Uphold excellent communication with other departments i.e., maintenance, control room, laboratory, etc.
- Maintain the inventory for packaged product.
- Conduct monthly safety meetings and daily tailgate meetings with participation from all team members and ensure actions have or will be taken on items of concern.
- Report and investigate accidents/incidents assuring follow-up and corrective actions.
- Strive to keep operator errors to a minimum using a load out incident frequency chart.
- Develop employee involvement through communication, training and performance feedback and constant evaluation.
- Design the required needs for training, develop and continuous improvement.
- Set schedules, objectives, and priorities, written and orally.
- Monitor the departments PTO, absenteeism, and training hours.
- Work intimately with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word, as well as SD transactions in SAP S/4 Hana.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Windows file structures and network navigation.
- Multitask and handle multiple priorities.
- Control department’s expenditures concerning rentals, supplies and contract work.
- Prepare, review, and manage operation budgets to ensure all financial objectives are achieved.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Supervisory and leadership experience
Bulk cement loading and packaging experience
- Knowledge of the cement process and quality.
- Shipping, distribution, or logistics experience.
- Knowledge of, and ability to work with, hand tools.
- Demonstrated leadership skills that create an engaged team member environment.
- Exceptional communication and people skills.
- Able and willing to change the status quo and effectively champion change.
- High degree of tact, diplomacy and discretion.
- Have essential physical and mental capabilities in the following: interpersonal skills, memory, attention to detail, following directions, comprehension, reading, writing, speaking, evaluating, organization and initiative.
Cement Recruiter operated by Harpe & Associates, Inc., are high performing Recruiters with over ninety years experience in all facets of talent acquisition, recruiting and succession planning for heavy industrial manufacturing sectors of cement, lime, aggregates, minerals, metals, large project construction, pulp/paper, automation, control systems engineering, and equipment fabrication. How can we help you today?
Connect on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/1t50dmM Want to Register for other positions:https://harpe.catsone.com/careers/