Sr Quality Control Technicia
n for a 1.7 Million ton per year quarry. Responsibilities include sampling and performing routine laboratory testing of aggregate material.
Use prescribed standards to determine chemical and/or physical characteristics for quality control purposes and to determine conformity to specifications.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Working with CSX; ordering and billing railcars.
- Set up, adjustment and operation of laboratory equipment and instrumentations such as agitators, scales, ovens and other lab equipment required.
- Work around industrial equipment and machinery to obtain materials samples from production facilities such as conveyors, stockpiles, rail cars and/or customer sites.
- Record test results in AggQC and/or standardized forms.
- Report and communicate test results internally and externally (DOT and other customers as required).
- Clean, maintain and calibrate laboratory equipment.
- Inspect stockpiles for proper construction. Inspect haul units for cleanliness.
- Maintain test data files.
- Assist in investigating and resolving customer technical problems.
- Become GDOT & FDOT certified within a reasonable time.
- Participate as a team member.
- Responsible for Waste Water discharge sampling, testing, and record keeping.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience required; technical degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- State certified for aggregate field and laboratory testing in GA & FL preferred; ability to obtain state certification required
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in quality control in an aggregate or construction environment
- 1 year supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office and computer skills
- Must have basic math skills
- Proactive in safety and works well in a team environment
- Minimal travel required
Cement Recruiter operated by Harpe & Associates, Inc., are high performing Recruiters with over ninety years experience in all facets of talent acquisition, recruiting and succession planning for heavy industrial manufacturing sectors of cement, lime, aggregates, minerals, metals, large project construction, pulp/paper, automation, control systems engineering, and equipment fabrication. How can we help you today?
Connect on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/1t50dmM Want to Register for other positions:https://harpe.catsone.com/careers/