Maintenance Inspector - Job Summary
Responsible for an ongoing systematic program of comprehensive preventive, selective and diagnostic inspection of all cement plant equipment.
• Inspecting all the cement plant equipment pursuant to the established schedule after determining frequency and inspection routes
• Creating and improving the inspection procedures and routes in JDE
• Performing routine inspection routes from JDE looking for leaks of material and improve the equipment performance.
• Working jointly with other departments and functions in operations and maintenance, including planning, lubrication, vibration and execution to identify and establish priorities for equipment repairs and improvement
• Performing selective inspection (condition and wear inspection) during Preventive Maintenance [PMs].
• Creating equipment inspection reports
• Creating work requests in JDE to rectify or improve the abnormal conditions by defining the problems clearly and as objectively as possible and suggesting the solutions or approach
• Performing the possible corrections of abnormal conditions during inspection or PMs, without compromising safety, such as cleaning or replacing dirty filters, cleaning of blowing-off dust, tightening of loose bolts, lubing, etc.
• Noting and trending the condition predictors to diagnose and detect equipment failures sufficiently in advance to prevent unplanned downtime of equipment using MS Excel and other programs
• Suggesting ways to improve equipment performance, reliability, availability and mean time between failures
• Suggesting ways to reduce or optimize equipment operation and maintenance costs
• Analyzing equipment failures and downtime and suggesting ways to prevent recurrence including performing Root Cause Failure Analysis [RCFA]
• Performing or supervising equipment repairs when required
• Give support/recommendation for planning, scheduling and executing preventive maintenance repairs during equipment outages such as non-destructive testing, internals inspections, common equipment repairs, etc.
• Coordinating efforts with OEM and equipment experts
• Being on the call-out roster for maintenance
• Working with other plant personnel and contractors for inspections and repairs
• Represent the Reliability department during the absence of the Reliability Engineer
Minimum Education and Experience
Significant direct experience with the appropriate certifications will be considered in lieu of bachelor’s degree
• Good knowledge of heavy machinery and equipment
• Minimum 5 years industrial maintenance experience required;
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- cement plant experience strongly preferred
• Vibration analysis • Thermography • Lubrication analysis • Root Cause Failure analysis - RCFA • Non-destructive methods - UT, Thermography, MAG, dye-penetrant, thickness, etc.
• Good proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and JDE (desirable)
• Ability to correspond through e-mails
• Ability to record and analyze trends
• Ability to write and improve inspection procedures
• Knowledge of inspection and repairs of equipment such as gear boxes, motors, kilns, cooler, coal mill, etc.
• This professional needs to be able to read technical drawings, equipment manuals and technical procedures
• Ability to take and record reliable and repeatable measurements and data
• Results driven (reliability, performance, responsibility) • Ability to interact with plant personnel at all levels • Good interpersonal skills • Aptitude for good communication skills, both oral and written.
Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language fluently
• Possess the ability to read and understand OEM and other technical manuals and drawings.
• Attention to detail and follow instructions or procedures provided
• Willingness to work extended hours, even weekends and holidays, if required
• Apply/share gained knowledge of any provided training opportunities
• Ability to manage time and meet provided deadlines