Position Overview -
Contributes to the improvement of relevant plant overhauls and capital projects within the company.
75% Travel required;
12 cement manufacturing plants and terminals; US and Canada
- Uses independent judgment in performing daily responsibilities.
- Works from general supervision with specified standard practices and policies.
- Refers to supervisor only when in serious doubt as to the proper procedure for a specified action.
5 or more years of experience in managing projects in heavy construction and/or process industry.
Licenses and Certifications
Professional Engineer (PE) (Preferred) Education
Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline: mechanical; electrical; civil; or mining
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills to apply mathematical methods to solve a variety of engineering problems.
- Ability to use AutoCAD, Microsoft Office products, plus other relevant software packages.
- Apply building codes and to understand the permitting process.
(Essential Duties and Functions)
- Monitors projects budget, schedule and work quality.
- Performs field inspections by visiting different job sites possibly requiring staying at the location for extended periods of time. Regularly reports on project progress.
- Assists in the development of plant project construction, start-up and maintenance procedures and training requirements for newly installed systems.
- With the guidance of the supervisor, understands the following: contract requirements and negotiation, building code requirements, construction inspection procedures, process area methods, and plant electrical requirements.
- Coordinates construction inspection and testing activities. Identifies deficiencies and acts to rectify.
- Assists in development of standard specifications for construction projects and standard contract documents to suit large/small contracts.
- Assure that assigned contractors for projects conform to required health and safety procedures and practices.
- Evaluates and reviews third party engineering conceptual designs, quotations and drawing for accuracy and communicates deficiencies for resolution in the best interest of the company.
- Assists in the development and implementation of training for standard software packages for use in: job estimating; project management; structural integrity of equipment, foundations and buildings; AutoCAD; document management, as applicable.
- Contributes to feasibility studies.
- Interacts with both construction workers and upper management.
- Negotiates effectively any commercial, construction and/or technical disputes.
- Participates in relevant professional associations such as IEEE, PCA, and ACI.
Cement Recruiter operated by Harpe & Associates, Inc., are high performing Recruiters with over ninety years domestic and international experience in all facets of talent acquisition, recruiting and succession planning for heavy industrial manufacturing sectors of cement, lime, aggregates, minerals, metals, large project construction, pulp/paper, food, animal feed, automation, control systems enigneering, and equipment fabrication. How can we help you today?
Connect on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/1t50dmM Want to Register for other positions:https://harpe.catsone.com/careers/