The Plant Engineer provides project oversight and coordination, construction, layout and process design, and technical support for plant maintenance and operations, plant modifications, plant expansion projects, and improvement projects that improve plant performance. This position reports directly to the Plant Manager.
- Compiling and completing project packages. Included is oversight of the complete project design and supervising outside engineering consultants.
- Responsible for plant utilities such as plant potable, process, cooling and fire water systems, septic systems, natural gas distribution system, plant fire suppression systems, compressed air system and cooling systems, including documentation and maintenance.
- Responsible for the storage of critical parts/components such that they are inspected for weather protection, etc. For example, fan wheel & shaft assembles, trunnion roller assembles, raw mill journal assemblies, etc.
- Responsible for monitoring and supervising any plant modifications and improvements.
- Responsible to obtain and maintain accurate documentation for the cement plant.
- Developing conceptual design layouts and general arrangements as well as preparing preliminary job cost estimates and final capital expenditure requests.
- Conduct studies of operating procedures to develop methods of prolonging equipment life, increasing mill and kiln efficiency, increase life of mill and kiln linings, improving utilization of fuel, etc.
- Provide engineering support as needed to execute projects.
- Designing and drafting using CAD Software.
- Directing the work of contractors and plant personnel before (project design), during (construction), and after (inspection) project.
- Collect engineering data for use in preparation of cost estimates for construction and maintenance projects.
- Assist in the preparation of annual operating schedules, operating budgets, cost estimates.
- Document, justify and submit capital expenditure requests.
- Will act as an information service to all departments.
- Other duties as directed by Management.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Chemical or Mining Engineering.
- Must have 2+ years’ experience as a degree engineer preferably in a cement plant operation environment.
Cement Recruiter operated by Harpe & Associates, Inc., are high performing Recruiters with over ninety years domestic and international experience in all facets of talent acquisition, recruiting and succession planning for heavy industrial manufacturing sectors of cement, lime, aggregates, minerals, metals, large project construction, pulp/paper, food, animal feed, automation, control systems enigneering, and equipment fabrication. How can we help you today?
Connect on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/1t50dmM Want to Register for other positions:https://harpe.catsone.com/careers/