Supervises and coordinates activities of Electricians and Instrument technicians in the areas of safety, construction, maintenance, and repair. Manages the activities of the electrical maintenance group, acting as a team leader. Every employee is expected to promote a safe work environment and safe job performance by actively participating in all plant safety programs as directed by the Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Insures compliance with standards and codes (Company standards, local electrical codes, and State and Federal regulations)
- Be capable of overseeing electrical projects from inception to commissioning. Specifically, concept evaluation, designs, estimates, installation and commissioning of process/electrical equipment.
- Assists in developing and executing training programs within the department.
- Off hours plant support- required to carry a phone in order to support plant issues / emergencies after regular working hours.
- Coordinates the activities of the electrical group with all other departments, coordinators and sub-contractors.
- Insures that the key features of a predictive, preventive electrical maintenance effort are documented, communicated, executed and appropriate records kept.
- Optimizes the electrical maintenance group through efficiencies in operations, inventory control, communication and team building.
- Two-year college or technical school; plus at least five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Meet the requirements of a Master Electrician license, specialized electrical technologist or electrical engineer
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to conduct presentations, communicate with large groups.
- Must have an ability to work with mathematical concepts and formulas inherent in the electrical trade
- Must be able to create concept evaluations, designs, estimates, installation and commissioning of process/electrical equipment. Must have knowledge of low and medium voltage systems as well as knowledge of large industrial electrical equipment.
Cement Recruiter operated by Harpe & Associates, Inc., is a high performing Recruiter with over thirty years recruiting experience for the heavy industrial manufacturing sectors of cement, lime, aggregates, minerals, metals and commercial construction. How can I help you today?
Connect on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/1t50dmM Want to Register for other positions:https://harpe.catsone.com/careers/