Maintenance Coordinator - Cement Plant
- Plan and schedule work from the work order backlog system.
- Develop annual, monthly, weekly and daily work schedules.
- Planning of the step-by-step execution of all major equipment outages and significant repairs by utilizing project-planning software.
- To continuously monitor, evaluate and modify the preventative, predictive and proactive maintenance programs to ensure machinery uptime is maximized and all resources used in the most effective way.
- Coordinate the training of the maintenance department personnel to ensure continuous departmental optimization.
- Ensure that all regulated inspections are completed within guidelines.
- Work closely with production and other departments in developing the work schedules and the coordination of all maintenance activities.
- Responsible for the development and upkeep of files, such as: equipment lists, suppliers list, operating and maintenance manuals, purchase orders, drawings, checklists, spare parts lists, corrective maintenance details, maintenance history, departmental performance and PM compliance.
- Responsible for ensuring the availability of parts for all work orders scheduled on the daily worksheet. Must work closely with the stores department in ordering, receiving, purchasing of parts and selection of suppliers. Must assist the stores department in controlling and reducing mechanical equipment inventory by establishing and reviewing maximums/minimums, reordering of parts and identifying obsolete parts.
- Assist the Maintenance Manager in the preparation of the annual maintenance budget and the development of the department’s long-term goals and objectives.
- Must ensure the application of the Company’s plant rules of conduct, health and safety, and will apply or recommend disciplinary action for violation of the same.
- Will receive and attempt to resolve grievances to the levels provided by the Collective Agreement.
- Will participate in the plant’s on-call program.
4 year degree in either Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
5+ years planning in an industrial environment; prefer cement process knowledge
- Proficient in predictive and preventative maintenance
- Strong maintenance background with an emphasis on planning
- Strong computer skills; experience with Microsoft Project required
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills and decision making abilities
- Must possess a thorough understanding of plant operations, plant equipment and repair techniques
- Must be able to identify parts required to execute work, tool requirements, manpower requirements and the estimated completion time
- Must possess an awareness of costs and recommended areas where savings can be made
Cement Recruiter operated by Harpe & Associates, Inc., are high performing Recruiters with over ninety years experience in all facets of talent acquisition, recruiting and succession planning for heavy industrial manufacturing sectors of cement, lime, aggregates, minerals, metals, large project construction, pulp/paper, automation, control systems engineering, and equipment fabrication. How can we help you today?
Connect on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/1t50dmM Want to Register for other positions:https://harpe.catsone.com/careers/