The Vice President, Finance is responsible for the financial activities of the Company. This position is responsible for helping set financial objectives to meet goals, preparing financial reports, forecasting and budgeting, developing policies, procedures, and monitoring financial and accounting activities for Cement plant. The VP, Finance is responsible for identifying, acquiring and implementing systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information. The VP, Finance is capable of problem identification and resolution, and is very familiar with US GAAP. This position serves as a key member of the executive team.
The VP, Finance reports to the VP, Operations. The VP, Finance supervises the Controller.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of the organization.
- Provide insight and recommendations related to operational goals and forecasts.
- Review critical components of annual budgets with operational leaders and participate in the final approval of the budget by Eagle Materials Management.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of the Finance staff.
- Maintain appropriate staffing levels as hiring manager of the department.
- Perform various financial analyses on projects assigned by Executive Management.
- Set, monitor and maintain internal controls to safeguard company assets.
- Represent organization as liaison with external auditors, state and local taxing authorities, insurance companies and attorneys.
- Direct activities of the credit and collection processes.
- Work with Leadership to adopt necessary accounting changes required by new accounting pronouncements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related field is required.
- Certification preferred
- Heavy Industrial experience preferred (cement, aggregates, minerals)
12+ years’ experience in a combination of public and industry specific accounting.
4-6 years’ supervisory experience preferred.
Computer skill sets to include experience with an integrated accounting software package and intermediate level of competency with MS Excel and Word.
Must be well organized, attentive to details and possess solid interpersonal communication skills.
Cement Recruiter operated by Harpe & Associates, Inc., are high performing Recruiters with over ninety years domestic and international experience in all facets of talent acquisition, recruiting and succession planning for heavy industrial manufacturing sectors of cement, lime, aggregates, minerals, metals, large project construction, pulp/paper, food, animal feed, automation, control systems enigneering, and equipment fabrication. How can we help you today?
Connect on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/1t50dmM Want to Register for other positions:https://harpe.catsone.com/careers/