Division Safety Manager - Reports to VP HR & Safety
60% Travel, 4 Direct Reports, Paid Gas - company truck, 75+ facilities
Must possess MSHA experience
The Division Safety Manager, reporting to the VP HR and Safety, is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the safety and health function of the Mid-Atlantic Division (NC, SC, MD, and VA). Provides leadership. support and expertise in safety and health matters while developing and managing strategy and relevant programs to ensure compliance with company standards and applicable laws and regulations.
- BS Occupational safety and health, or related area, or experience
- CMSP or CSP certifications
- Minimum 5 years of health and safety experience, preferably in a mining or construction environment
- MSHA, OSHA and DOT
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Competencies
- In-depth applied knowledge of all facets of the modern safety and health function, including proven experience in behavior-based safety processes, with a minimum of five years in a management role.
- Previous experience managing health and safety issues on local and/or divisional level across multi-state operations.
- MSHA agency management experience, with OSHA/DOT, experience a strong plus.
- Ability to work effectively with operations management and field safety staff
- Strong organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional relationship building and influencing skills as well as the ability to win the confidence and trust of employees at all levels
- Demonstrated experience effectively managing consultants
- Proficient in MS applications (word, excel, powerPoint, Outlook)
- Able and willing to travel 50-80%
- Safety & Health Acumen
- Ethical Conduct
- Strategic Thinking
- Dynamic Leadership
- Decision Making
- High Sense of Urgency
- Drive for Continuous Improvement
- Relationship Building
- Financial Management
Cement Recruiter operated by Harpe & Associates, Inc., are high performing Recruiters with over ninety years domestic and international experience in all facets of talent acquisition, recruiting and succession planning for heavy industrial manufacturing sectors of cement, lime, aggregates, minerals, metals, large project construction, pulp/paper, food, animal feed, automation, control systems enigneering, and equipment fabrication. How can we help you today?
Connect on LinkedIn: http://linkd.in/1t50dmM Want to Register for other positions:https://harpe.catsone.com/careers/